It’s not what you make, but what you save that gives you the freedom to live your dreams and values.
For decades, I was incapable of saving money. Worse than that, I lived beyond my means. I didn’t have an income problem, I had a savings problem. I can’t think of a worse stress on relationships than living in debt, having little or no savings, and constantly overworking to stay afloat.
“… The borrower is slave to the lender.” Proverbs 22:7:(NIV)
Do you feel like a slave to credit cards? Think of how much money you would have in your life now without payments on debt and interest. Write down your monthly payments to student loans, car loans and credit card debt. Do the numbers sicken you? They sickened me enough to commit to changing my future by mastering money. It took a few years to heal the mess I had made. As my money mastery took hold, guilt, fear and shame were replaced by happiness and peace.
Start planning your future now and get the support you need if like me, you can’t master money on your own. Start with these 4 steps to reach financial freedom:
- Educate yourself on the game of money. I recommend Tony Robbins’ book, “MONEY: Master the Game.” Learn how the deck is stacked against you, then emerge with less worry – Tony teaches you how to not let the barriers defeat you.
- Get out of debt. I was incapable of doing this without help. I can’t over-recommend Dave Ramsey’s “Total Money Makeover” in book form, online classes, and live classes held in churches across the country.
- Start saving. How much? Meet with a good fiduciary. Honestly, you can’t figure this out yourself. Most financial planners are in it to make money for their company first, and their client, second. A real fiduciary’s role is to put you first. True fiduciaries don’t sell financial products, so there is no conflict of interest. (Learn more about this in Tony Robbin’s book.)
- Get Inspired. You are not learning money mastery for only yourself. Your healing of money mastery will change future generations. Read Florence Scovel Shinn’s The Game of Life and How to Play it.
- Clean out your subconscious blocks to getting out of debt and living abundantly. Kundalini Yoga has terrific kriyas to cleanse you of your old thoughts and feelings. You can also tap, go into theta, or use your favorite tool for healing.
- If you want to speed up the process, have a session. You know how they can change your life. 🙂
“A good man leaves an inheritance to his children’s children.” Proverbs 13:22: (NKJV)
My father’s father died without a life insurance policy, and his house still had a mortgage. It had a real impact on my father to see how much his mother worked to pay off the house, starting in her late fifties. She was a Christian Science practitioner, who did phone healing sessions, charging $5 per session. She died a millionaire by paying off the house as fast as possible and investing most of what she earned.
A good woman leaves an inheritance to her children’s children, too.
Living a life of freedom and peace through financial mastery My life now feels miraculous. I have the freedom to live each day doing what I love and honoring my values. I can be in Chicago for three weeks welcoming the arrival of my new twin grand daughters. I can travel when I want, work when I want. It feels lucky, and it is, but living my love and values also took planning and learning to finally master money.
Financial health and internal health are intertwined. I’d love to hear about your experiences and help you heal from the inside out.
Be the light, share the light, see the light in others,